Thursday, April 19, 2007

Slightly off topic, what do you think is the prettiest city in the USA?

I just visited San Francisco this weekend, and I was just floored at the beauty of the city. From it's smart, liberal people to it's huge, green hills to it's year-long 60's-70's temperature, to it's relatively low crime rate, to it's clean downtown... there is nothing wrong with the city. Except prices. It's ludicrously expensive, with an average 3-person home costing more than 700,000 dollars and your "less than average" studio apartment running you 1400-1600 a month.

Successful, great cities are all liberal. From Madison (even though it's small) to Seattle to Boston to San Francisco- the greatest cities in the US are all notoriously liberal.

In the midwest, every city is ugly as hell during the winter, but during the summer I have to go with Minneapolis or Madison.

I'll add some pictures I took later- if this topic isn't locked.>

0 comments: