Sunday, April 29, 2007

What do you look for in a city?

Well, the thread title pretty much explains it. But, when judging a city what are the most important characteristics to you? Explain if you can.

For instance my list would be:

1. Size. I like a mid-sized city that's easy to get around

2. Public Transportation. I've really become anti-car. So, I want a kick-ass
public transpo. system

3.Culture. Museums, Restaurants, shopping etc. Although I may not always take advantage of what's going on I like to know it's accessible.

4 Weather. Ok, this is actually very important to me. I hate winter!! But, I do like some seasons.

5. Green space! I have two dogs. So, I need green space within walking distance from where I live. I also like to feel like I'm not in the city soetimes and be able to take a walk in a quiet park.

I could go on. But I'm really interested to know what you all look for in a city, especially when judging cities other than the one you live in.>

0 comments: