Saturday, April 14, 2007

Ain't A Damn Thing Has Changed

Mark F. Barnes at HAIF said this:

Had a closing on a drilling company we are acquiring in New Orleans yesterday, I took over Big Giant Drilling so the name will now change to GoldBridge Drilling Inc. and become a subsidiary of GoldBridge Energy LLC my new company. And afterwards decided to go for a drive before heading back to see what progress is being made in the Lower 9th ward area. I was really amazed to see it is still in terrible shape. It looks like Katrina may have come through a couple of months back instead of over a years. They are working on cleaning up but it is a long way off from being close to completion. I took some photos of the area as I drove through.

Well, here are the photos:

This is the Lower 9th from the highway before I exited off the ramp.


As I drove in they were working clearing vehicles










The further in you drove the worse it got, they have made progress clearing the edges, however the inner section of the lower 9th are still horrific.





One of the cleanup guys told me that this was the symbols put up by FEMA rescue workers. He told me the number on the bottom meant 5 people died in this house, makes you really think. The smell is still awful, sthis area will be a long time coming back.



Behind this house you can see a pile driver at work, never got close enough to see if the were driving pilings or what.
















But look at the bright side, the Superdome is complete.>

0 comments: