Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Boosters...gotta hate them...

I want to bring up a little epidemic that has been plauging the US urban issues forum more and more as I have spent more time on this forum, that has annoyed me and probably other users on this board...

...BOOSTERS...(insert scary music here)

But seriously, how come every thread has to be hijacked by one of these users? I am not going to name any names up in here, but this is getting downright ridiculous.

Exaggerations aside, most threads end up with "my city has this, and this, and that, it has 15 million and mine is growing faster than your city is". This is just showing insecurity, and that you believe that you have to show other users that your city is great. There is nothing wrong with that, but when you have to bring it up every damn time, even if it has nothing to do with the subject, this shows insecurity.

This mindless boosting has degenerated many good topics into bitch fights. And it gets very frustrating for users like me, who want to reply to the topic, but find many pages of arguing instead of more intelligent replys. I'm sure I'm not the only person who noticed this. This boosting is not as much of a problem on other forums on SSC, why here.

Bottom line: Boosting is SPAM, and if you have nothing better to do, get a life outside the Internet...if you are going to reply, please do it in a more civil matter.

That's my 0.02.. >

0 comments: